bike to work

A description of my cycle to work, from Thatcham Berkshire to Theale along the Kennet and Avon Canal. - to include such things as 'photos of cows' (cows in canals) - bits you should take with you. - pubs on the way - riding home after a few pints of large. - etc

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Shaky start

One of my main problems with cycling is that several of my colleagues, who also live in my area, and one in particular (mister Mattock!) have the habit of saying the one little magical sentence that gets me straight of my bike and into their cars. (with bike in boot)
'' Shall we go to the pub after work?'' I have no way to combat this affront on my cycling except to say YES!
so last night instead of riding home I got a lift to Thatcham and went to the pub (Crickets) for a couple of pints of large.
Cycled in this morning, ever late as usual and took many more pictures, but forgot camera lead, so will update this later.

Commen
ts of the day:
I) The cows seem particularly belligerent today! (see pic on the left)

ii) More Dogs on the track today than people and boats put together.

today's Stats:
nearly run over by a car 1
dog shit on the track 0
open bridges (that hold me up) 1 (really just give me a breather)
Ride time 48 minutes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home