bike to work

A description of my cycle to work, from Thatcham Berkshire to Theale along the Kennet and Avon Canal. - to include such things as 'photos of cows' (cows in canals) - bits you should take with you. - pubs on the way - riding home after a few pints of large. - etc

Monday, August 08, 2005

It begins.

I was talking to the local cycling organization yesterday at the Newbury farmers market and decided to create a blog about my ride to work.

This is my first morning and I'm already late. My bag is not packed and my water bottle is not full.

Over the next few months I intend to take you through riding to work, with some information that may help if you think of doing the same. On the other hand you could just look at some of the pictures I'm going to take and get in your car and drive to work. Either way you'll still get there.

My trip is from Thatcham (near Newbury) to Theale (near Reading) and back again. Its about 11.5 miles each way and takes about an hour 'door to desk' with 45-50 minutes of ride time. I'm lucky enough that 80% of the ride is on the Kennet and Avon Canal tow path.

(on the left) My bike, its not a very flash bike, but it gets me here and there.


anyway off to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home